Tuesday, February 24, 2009

digital work and future hopes...

About a year ago I began to get into digital modification more heavily, and have learned a thing or two on my own. Here's some stuff that I've worked on and off since then...


Also, I started working on this little fantasy canvas painting again and really enjoyed it. When the work that inspires me to become a better artist is my own, I think that's truly the most rewarding feeling. The day after I worked on this, I saw this clip of Gregory Manchess (one of my favorite painters) and another artist named Dan Dos Santos doing demos that are apparently available on DVD or for download. I would really like to take a stab at fantasy and science fiction illustration. My dream is to work in a real studio with boundless resources....as opposed to freelance editorial illustration or something like that. But man--I'm hungry to make any art for anyone as long as it's good.


These are a couple pieces I did during a studio session with my art intern at the UICA. I thought they would work well as a diptych so I matted them together. Acrylic, ink, charcoal.


No comments: