Monday, April 13, 2009

Local First contest process piece

This was a late entry for the contest...but worth the effort I think.  I made a high res scan of the inked drawing before trying to color with watercolors.  It's a good thing, too...because I ended up rushing it and ruining the drawing.  I thought I could wing the color design / etc. and it turned out ugly.  So I went for the digital coloring which worked out much more nicely because I could try different things without permanently marking it.  I suppose that's what prelims are for historically....but I never liked to over-do a fresh idea.  That is why I failed.  Anyways, the end turned out very well!  Tell me what you think--and if you live in or near Grand Rapids you can vote on your favorite artwork (and drink delicious beer) at Founders, Tuesday April 21 between 5PM and 8PM.


No comments: