Friday, May 29, 2009

New and Recent work


"sleepy Caleb" this was a quick study of my intern student Caleb at the UICA. I intended to display it at our group show for the Artworks program, but became afraid that some people would be offended by the "black face" sheep in the background. It was completely unintended to be a racial commentary....but I didn't feel like defending myself in person.

This is the first of a short series of large paintings based on small found objects. I found a dead praying mantis clutching white feathers. Acrylic on wood

"Shell" acrylic on Rives BFK.

"Overgrowth" Acrylic on Rives BFK

A bleeding heart, and a deer getting shot with a love arrow. Acrylic, watercolor, marker, pen on card stock.

Here we have a pair of white, ceramic rabbits owned by my roommate. I've wanted to do something like this for a while. Acrylic and colored pencil on absorbent-ground-gessoed card stock.

With the arts market coming up, I have a reason to be busy making drawings and paintings to bring in some $$$. June 6-- South Division, Grand Rapids, be there! (this event coincides the Festival of the Arts, so you should be here anyway...right?)

No comments: