Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dr. Sketchy's, Grand Rapids, MI chapter!

So yesterday was the 2nd Dr. Sketchy's event at my local hipster bar, The Meanwhile.  What an excellent time---quite a few folks showed up, I wouldn't be surprised if that number doubles next month!  The host of the event is a member of the local burlesque show called Super Happy Fun Time Burlesque, so the models are usually quite picturesque, to put it plainly.  I had heard of Dr. Sketchy's from Francis Vallejo's blog a while back, so I knew a bit of what to expect.  
(The final drawing, topic: "unicorn" 15 min.)

(Drawing topics, "LOTR" and "cartoon", 20 min each)

1 min. gesture
1 min gestures

(The topic was "baboon"...I had no idea how to draw a baboon.)
(the topic here was "surrealism")
==============
This is an illustration for Shane Vandenberg of Peabrain.biz.  He is very passionate about his stance on health care and its relation to his faith.  I was pretty proud of the way it turned out.  It has been a while since I've really worked on something like this.


Ink, digital

No comments: