Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sketchy's n things

Sketching on the couch. I don't own a record player, but own several records for some reason.

Dr. Sketchy's was a blast, again. Met some interesting folks with similar interests in art. Met some tasty beer. enough talk:







-----------
This is one of our official postcards for the "Giants" show coming up. Sept.12, 106 S. Division Grand Rapids, MI! (Grand Rapids is becoming kind of an art meca, or so it would seem, due to ArtPrize. I'm curious what other artist communities outside of michigan are thinking...)
__--__--__
This next image was a 30 minute project for the collaborative blog Doodles&Sh!t. The daily topic was "cowboy". When I started drawing this cowboy I didn't have a background story, but had a lot of fun coming up with ideas while putting ink down on paper. I like illustrations with mysterious or even confusing imagery. This man's story could be deep...either way he's in a heap of trouble:

No comments: